Novice Shootout Qualifying Criteria
15th ANNUAL NCQHA “SHOOT OUT”
The North Carolina Quarter Horse Association will hold its 15th Annual “Shoot Out” at the Tar Heel Fall Classic show in September, 2020.
Qualifying period: January 1, 2020 to August 31, 2020
- Participants must be a NCQHA member in good standing to qualify for the shootout and exhibit your horse in 2020.
- Classes will be held at the Tar Heel Fall Classic and awards will be presented during the show.
- The same horse and rider combination must be shown as qualified.
2020 Eligibility for Novice/Level 1 Shootout (Both Western and English)
- Eligibility begins on the date a new application or a renewal of membership is received by NCQHA.
- The eligibility list is compiled by pulling the first eligible NCQHA member from the placing of Novice/Level 1 Amateur, Novice/Level 1 Youth Hunter Under Saddle and Novice/Level 1 Amateur, Novice/Level 1 Youth Western Pleasure. If the member’s name is on the eligibility list, the next person in line becomes eligible.
- The 2020 Eligibility List will be posted on the NCQHA.com website during the year. The final eligibility list will be posted prior to the Fall Classic.
- Eligible classes:
- NOVICE/LEVEL 1 AMATEUR WESTERN PLEASURE
- NOVICE/LEVEL 1 AMATEUR HUNTER UNDER SADDLE
- NOVICE/LEVEL 1 YOUTH WESTERN PLEASURE
- NOVICE/LEVEL 1 YOUTH HUNTER UNDER SADDLE